You have to look at what you get out of what you put in – comparing only the inputs (like cost) will just drive all industry players in the same non-differentiating direction. tefficient believes in strategy and differentiation as the key to competitiveness, hence a costly initiative can be efficient if it proves to provide sustainable differentiation. But it needs to be measured.
In tefficient’s view, benchmarking is a diagnosis and filtering tool – which should represent no more than 20% of the effort. The remaining 80% should be used to find the root causes to the diagnosed issues – and find the solutions. We believe that too many telecom players waste effort in the benchmarking & diagnosis phase, leaving the organization so “benchmark fatigue” that it can’t deal with the issues. If so, the project is a waste of time, money and people.
Fredrik Jungermann, Managing Director, has 12 years of experience in measuring, comparing and improving the competitiveness of telecom operators.
Fredrik founded the operational efficiency benchmarking practice in Nokia in 2002. He led the development of the practice from a mobile operator benchmark into one that also covered fixed and integrated operators. As the leader of the dedicated team, Fredrik was involved in more than 300 operator benchmarks globally.
In 2011, Fredrik felt that his expertise could benefit the telecom industry more effectively if provided independently. He resigned from Nokia and founded tefficient.
Fredrik is passionate about efficiency and can’t really accept time, money, resources or opportunities being wasted. He features an engaging and motivating communication style. Within his area of expertise, Fredrik is a respected thought leader. He speaks in international conferences and is a key contributor to many papers used as ”heads up” by executives globally.
Before building his expertise in how to measure, compare and improve competitiveness, Fredrik had operational sales roles and professional services management roles in Nokia (based in Denmark and the Netherlands). He started his career as an engineer at TeliaSonera in Sweden. Fredrik is a Swedish national, born 1965, holds an M.Sc. from University of Lund, is married and lives with his family of 5. He is a practical guy who loves outdoor life.
Marina has a track record in delivering strategic marketing plans, high-impact propositions and marketing campaigns that increase brand awareness, customer acquisition and the sales pipeline. Her belief is that a successful marketing and product strategy should always line up with compelling customer and competitor analytics – but also include elements of surprise especially in today’s disruptive and fast moving world.
Marina is a business-minded leader who has managed diverse talent, local and regional teams in both small fast moving and blue chip businesses. She started her career in Nokia, where she held various marketing positions in product management, sales and regional teams. Most recently she led the marketing for the industry launch of the Ubuntu mobile platform at Canonical Ltd, and the crowd-funding campaign of “Ubuntu Edge” on Indiegogo that raised a record-breaking USD 12 million.
Marina is currently supporting a mobile app start-up in customer acquisition and partner marketing, and also provides marketing consultancy for other mobile and financial services businesses. She is Finnish, but has also previously lived in the Netherlands, and has now lived in London for the past sixteen years with her partner Stephen. When she is not working, or learning about new fun technology, she likes to relax in yoga and by cooking up great meals for friends.
Allan joined the operational efficiency benchmarking practice in Nokia in 2006. He supported the development of the practice from a mobile operator benchmark into one that also covered fixed and integrated operators. Allan was involved in operational efficiency benchmarks in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America. He left in 2013 to become independent.
Allan is passionate about efficiency and always tries to maximise the outcome in all situations while balancing the effort with the expected outcome. He has developed a fluent English from living abroad for many years and uses this in his thoughtful, yet engaging communication style.
Before building his expertise in how to measure, compare and improve competitiveness, Allan had business development and professional services management roles in Nokia (based in Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands and United Kingdom). He started his career as an IT engineer at Compaq. Allan is a Danish national, born 1969, holds a B.Sc. from Denmark’s Technical University, is married and lives with his family of 5. He is a hands-on person who, apart from being able to fix most computer problems, occasionally hit a 180 at the dartboard.