Analysis & go-to-market 2016
Preparing and presenting “How carriers are using Wi-Fi to boost their businesses” for 350 attendees at the Wi-Fi NOW 2016 event in London 25-27 October.
The presentation covered:
- The latest stats on mobile data usage per country
- Stats on smartphones’ time distribution between Wi-Fi and cellular per country
- Stats on smartphones’ data volume distribution between Wi-Fi and cellular per country
- The unlimited mobile data trend – and why it might mean more, not less, carrier Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi traffic stats from Korea, USA, Hong Kong and the UK
- Auto-offload best practices
- Wi-Fi calling stats
- Four ways to use Wi-Fi to boost carrier business – with identified best practices
- Wi-Fi first propositions and what they might mean for telcos
The presentation was loosely based on tefficient’s latest public industry analysis “Upsell and loyalty strategies of operators: Using public Wi-Fi as customer magnet“.
New: The Wi-Fi NOW organisers recorded the presentation and have now made it available online: https://vimeo.com/193503611